Friday, May 1, 2009

Note to Self: Only Perform for Young Feminists and Free Thai Food

Last night, Carrie Callahan, Anna Hall and I had the pleasure of performing stand-up for University of Chicago students, at a show hosted by the Feminist Majority group.

The audience wasn't huge, but they were so receptive and fun to perform for. Entering that stage, I felt like a comedian, rather than a "female comedian". Did I mention there was free thai food? What else could we have asked for?

Of course, it didn't hurt that I was sandwiched between rockstars Carrie and Anna. They both worked wonders with the audience, and I had the joy of slipping in and "pretending" to be a real comedian (how I felt after my stand-up hiatus).

Here's a video of Carrie (not from last night), who performs at various showcases around Chicago, including Chicago Underground Comedy.

2 comments:

  1. Judging by the laughs you got last night, you ARE a real comedian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a real comedian and a real classy lady.

    ReplyDelete