Wednesday, July 8, 2009

British Coumediennes

The extra "u" is because they spell things wrong.

So, bored with American accents, I have begun watching British comedy on Youtube and Hulu and other content-thieving internet mainstays. It's refreshing to discover an entire world (well, country) of humor (humour? huomor?) I had been mostly ignorant of. Yes, I'd seen The Office and Monty Python and Hugh Laurie on House, but there's an entire industry of sitcoms and panel shows; from the immortal Are You Being Served? through my current favorite, QI.

But that's not why you're here. You're here to learn about female comics in the UK. And they are legion and awesome. So I'm going to start, as a minor blogging project, and as my introduction to you all (first post! yay!), a rundown of some of my favorite funny girls (sorry, Caitlin) across the pond.

But first, to wet your beaks, here's Jo Brand, who I will write about more in my next post:

No comments:

Post a Comment